Both chapel of “Our Lady of the Snow” and Moulin de la Font (one of the closest watermills to Gourdon, 12th C) contribute to the idyllic charm of the Bléou valley.
On the trail of the pilgrimage Camino de Santiago, leading from Gourdon to Rocamadour, an early Roman oratory was built here upon a miraculous spring. Its name evokes the miracle of snow falling in Rome one summer during 5th C.
Ruined during the Renaissance, it was rebuilt in 1646 Its gate and bell-tower are good examples of the baroque style. A splendid altar piece with blue polychrome decorations and sculptures gilded in relief is a masterpiece of Jean II Tournié famous sculptor of Gourdon in the 17th C.
Add a review
There is no review about Chapelle Notre Dame Des Neiges À Gourdon, be the first to leave one !