This 700 year old building makes the profile of Gourdon recognisable from afar. It was built between 1304 and 1510 in the Languedoc-Gothic style.The belltowers reach over 35 m in height, about the same size as the former medieval keep which used to stand above it. Its imposing façade was completed with battlements around 1564.
Inside, the Church enjoys fine gothic decorations : above the entrance a multicolored rose window, high stained-glass windows in the choir, elegant vaultings and also a huge organ (end 18th &19th C). Wonderful baroque wooden panels of the choir added in the 17th C are masterpieces performed by 2 famous local woodcarvers called Tournié.